Design Services For Home Buyers
For home buyers selecting the products that will turn your house into a home can, at times, be an overwhelming process, a process that requires your time, creativity and commitment. There are so many decisions to be made from flooring to countertops to other interior finish options that we know you will have many questions. We want to help prepare you for your design appointment by providing you with the proper expectations, tips and guidelines that will enable you to make your selection process run smoother and be more enjoyable!
Every homebuyer is different and so is every homebuyer’s design appointment. Knowing what to expect before walking into your appointment will help you prepare and help you avoid a disappointing design experience now and when you move into your new home.
What to expect during your design appointment:
• To begin with, you should expect to have fun! Your design appointment is one of, if not the, most enjoyable parts about buying a new home. It’s your opportunity to select the products that you like with the advice and guidance of a trained professional. What else could be better?
• At the Design Center you will see literally thousands of option choices such as Appliances, Cabinets, Flooring, Countertops, Structural Wiring, Window Coverings, Doors, Lighting, Electrical fixtures, ceiling fans, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, outdoor kitchens, garage systems, closet systems, and even fireplaces.
• We realize that with this many available option selections the Design Center process can be a daunting task to put it mildly. Keep in mind that you will be required to make a great many decisions in a relatively short period of time without much preparation — the more you know before you arrive, the better. We might suggest bringing photographs to your appointment showing what you like, or even fabric swatches to assist your designer in visualizing your tastes. Upon completion of your design appointment, your selections will be finalized. At this point you will be required to review you selections and sign a document agreeing that these are, in fact, your individual choices. There is a high probablility that by this point in the process you will be very tired and possibly even a little bit confused. Take a brief break if necessary before reviewing these documents as once signed, they will be difficult, and in some cases, expensive to change.
• At Houston Carpet Service, we believe your design appointment should provide you with adequate time to become confident and familiar with your choices. It is, however, vital to the construction process that selections be finalized at your meeting. For this reason, it is in our mutual best interest that you utilize the significant preparation tools that we offer.
• Your design appointment may last just a few hours or may require two meetings. The time allotted is solely dependent on your available options, your personal decision process, and any constraints placed on you by your agreement with the builder. Once again, preparation is the key. If you have questions prior to your Design Center appointment, please contact your Sales Associate.
• Since you will be spending several hours making some permanent design selections, we ask that you make child care arrangements and not bring children to the Design Center.
• At your Houston Carpet Service design appointment, you will meet with your Design Consultant. He or she will briefly guide you through the process and review the selection process. He or she will be your main contact throughout the appointment, although you may interface with subject matter experts in Cabinets, Appliances, and Structured wiring. These three areas can be so detailed and sometimes confusing, that Houstion Carpet Services will periodically have experts in each of these areas available for homebuyer assistance.
• Also, remember to bring your checkbook. A deposit may be required when you finalize your selections.
Again, this is a very exciting time for you and your family. We hope this information helps you understand more about what to expect at your Design Center appointment and how the Houston Carpet Service team will handle this process — we are here to help! Certainly, should you have other questions, please feel free to call or submit your questions on the “Contact Us” page of this site.